This training provides the on-the-road training needed to prepare for a "Class A" CDL training in a 4-week session
Entrance Requirements and Prerequisites
The prerequisite checklist is also located within your Extended Learning account and will help ensure your application is complete. Note that your registration for the class is not complete until all application documents are submitted, and all fees are paid.
- Must be 18 years of age or older – upload a photo or scan of a valid driver’s license
- High School Graduate/GED equivalent – upload a photo or scan of a diploma or transcript
- CDL "Class A" Permit
STEPS FOR CDL "CLASS A" PERMIT:
• Register and complete the "Entry Level Drivers Training" online course: Click to register.
• Official Medical Examination Report Form MCSA-5875 (for Commercial Driver
completed and signed by participant AND medical examiner
• U.S. Department Of Transportation Drug And Alcohol Testing MIS Data Collection
completed and signed by the participant and a certifying official
• Make permit test appointment online https://telegov.egov.com/dps/AppointmentWizard
• Visit the MISSISSIPPI DRIVER SERVICE BUREAU (Hwy Patrol Office) for your
• Upload a photo or scan of your CDL " Class A" license.
- Acknowledgment of the Workforce Program Drop Policy Compliance Release Form
- Read or download the policy here.
- Sign the release form at registration. You will be prompted in your Extended Learning account.
- All original documents should be submitted at the first class meeting.
Students will be prepared for the road test plus skills assessment for a Class “A” (CDL) license.
- Sallie Mae: (DO THIS STEP IMMEDIATELY!)
- WIOA: (DO THIS STEP IMMEDIATELY!)
- Contact your local WIN Job Center.
- Brookhaven: 601.823.9709
- Natchez: 601.442.0243
- Pearl: 601.936.1903
- This process requires in-person visits to the WIN Center.
- Contact your local AJFC office.
How to Register
- Click on "Begin Registration"
- There is no commitment to the class to create a profile. Your profile will allow you to upload registration documents and make payments. Later, you may track your attendance, contact your instructor, view your transcript, or register for more classes.
- Complete the student profile by filling in the form. Please use a working email and check it often.
- Keep your password in a safe location.
Registration is taken on a first-come, first-served basis. Per the policies of the MS Community College Board Division of Workforce, Career, & Technical Education, class sizes are subject to minimum and/or maximum participant numbers. Co-Lin reserves the right to cancel, postpone, or reschedule a class due to, but not limited to, inadequate enrollment. Note that class times, locations, and fees are subject to change. The Workforce Center will make all reasonable attempts to notify students of class cancellations or changes.
Registration is not complete without payment, if applicable. Copiah-Lincoln Community College accepts cash, checks, money orders, credit cards, and purchase orders and submitted to the Workforce Center. Payments should be made payable to Copiah-Lincoln Community College.
Copiah-Lincoln Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or other factors prohibited by law in any of its educational programs, activities, admissions, or employment practices.
Read more about our Workforce Education Training Program Policy.
Application Fee (non-refundable)
Registration Fee Includes supplies, equipment fees, and ONE road test plus skills assessment for a Class “A” (CDL) license.*
Total Program Cost $2400
Other possible costs include
Class “A” License RETAKE fee (if needed)